♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

SUCUKLU PIDE (Turkish style sausage Pizza) / #turkishpiderecipe


Sucuk (read: soujouk) is a dry, spicy sausage in Turkish cuisine eaten from the Balkans to the Middle East and Central Asia.
Sucuk consists of ground meat (usually beef, but pork is used in non-Muslim countries and horse meat in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan), with various spices including cumin, sumac, garlic, salt, and red pepper, fed into a sausage casing and allowed to dry for several weeks. It can be more or less spicy; it is fairly salty and has a high fat content.
Sucuk may be eaten cooked (when raw, it is very hard and stiff). It is often cut into slices and cooked without additional oil, its own fat being sufficient to fry it. At breakfast, it is used in a way similar to bacon or spam. It is fried in a pan, often with eggs (e.g. as breakfast in Egypt), accompanied by a hot cup of sweet black tea. Sucuk is sometimes cooked with haricot bean or incorporated into pastries at some regions in Turkey. In Bulgaria, raw, sliced sujuk is often served as an appetizer with rakia or other high alcoholic drinks. In Lebanon, cooked sliced sujuk is made into sandwiches with garlic sauce and tomato.
Sucuk is also commonly used as a topping on savoury pastries in Iraq, Syria, Israel and Lebanon; sujuk shawarma is also occasionally found. In these countries, it is often regarded as an Armenian speciality known as Armenian sausage. Akin to sujuk shawarma, scjuk döner was also introduced in Turkey in late 1990s.


Beside Kıymali pide and tavuklu pide, this sucuklu pide is the most favorite in my family dinner table. I love it too. Frankly speaking, at first time, I didn't like this sucuk at all.. it's new and had different taste in my tongue.. and I didn't like the smell.. :p . I think too much cumin in it. But after sometimes... slowly I can take this meal and become fan of it  d(^,^)b 
And pide (pita bread), as you know is Pizza a la Turkey so I believe it will be soon your family's favorite too...


Serve: 8 pieces medium size

Ingredients:
PIDE bread Ingredients:
 4 cups flour, divide.
 4 tsp instant dry yeast
 1 tablespoon sugar
 1 ½ cups lukewarm water, divide.
 6 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
 2 teaspoon salt
Topping ingredients:


 ± 300 g sucuk (Turkish sausage), cut round about 3 mm thick
 8 large tomatoes, peeled, discard seeds and cut into small cubes.
 8 ~ 9 pieces big size green charleston pepper, cut into 2 or 3 parts lengthwise.
 400 gr 
crumbled feta cheese.
 300 ~ 400 g cheddar cheese, shredded coarse.
Spreads over:
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.



Method:
For PIDE bread dough: 
Take 2 tablespoons flour (from those 4 cups portion), mixed with instant yeast and sugar, put ½ cup warm water, stir well and leave in warm place until fluffy about 30 minutes. Once it fluffy and foamy, combine remaining flour, remaining warm water, salt and olive oil. Knead until dough is smooth and not sticky on your fingers. At this stage you might be need a little warm water or flour to form smooth dough. Do it carefully. Cover with plastic stretch or kitchen towel and let stand in warm place until fluffy and double in volume. Hit/ flatten the dough to remove air, divide into 8 equal parts and form small balls.

Finishing: Take one part (one ball) and roll with rolling pin to form a long oval shape. Give toppings: crumbled feta cheese, tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese then arrange sucuk and carliston pepper above them. Fold each edge to the middle and attach each both end to form such a mini-boat. (see picture above). Brush the bread with beaten eggyolk. Do same thing until all finished. Bake in oven 160 ⁰C for 25 ~ 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve warm.


This post was chosen by Foodbuzz on Top 9, June 21, 2011
http://www.foodbuzz.com/top9?date=2011-06-21


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚


Check my other Yummy recipe:

Peynirli Pide with Ezme


Garlic butter pizza stick


Peynirli yumurtali pide


Yaprak Sarmasi


Lahmacun



Kisir/ Bulgur Salad




loading...

17 comments:

  1. Hi Citra love this looks so tempting, definitely will try and shall feedback you. Thanks for the step by step coaching, it's a great help.- AWESOME man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love those things in Germany (yes I know they probably weren't that original)! It's great to find a recipe for the dough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, i love the unique shape of this pita bread!!! gonna try making this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! We're a big pizza loving family so this would be perfect for our table. Thanks for sharing! Buzzed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how these are made individually instead of having a slice cut like regular pizza. I have never had turkish sausage but just by the list of spices it includes makes me want to try some-yum!
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm I love these can I have some? they look really yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun pizza! I love the way the crust curls over the toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sucuklu pide looks very delicious:) I like Turkish cuisine:)Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Citra! I adore soujouk. My mom always made it with beef. I love it sizzling straight off a skillet on to a piece of pita bread or lavash! Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these look so delicious and so cutely shaped. Thanks for sharing and teaching us a new Turkish recipe. Congrats on the top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sucuklu pide looks so traditional and so tempting! Congrats for top 9! I love to make it at home too, but I generally make it with chopped beef and kasar cheese, which is my hubby's favorite.

    BTW we visited Bursa once to eat Iskender kebab (it was fantastic!) a few years ago, it's definitely a great city with its all historical attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these look great!!! congrats on the top 9!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really informative and tasty looking too! Congrats on top 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love me some sucuk!! :) This looks crazy-good!! We make a similar pizza and it's my favorite way to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful dish. I love the shapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delicious!
    Ohhh, I just found your Lahmacun post, I think that's on my to do list this weekend! :) How I've missed Turkish food!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Citra it has been a while I've heard from you. I just tried sucuklu pie...it was fantastic and thanks for sharing...my children love it so....so...much

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected