♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Coconut flavored Macarons with white chocolate coconut filling

Selam everybody.....Merhaba from Turkey....

If you are big fans of coconut...welcome to my boat. If you are hearty in love to macarons.... come and join me. 
But if you none of them...you should read this post till finish... you would might be coconut addict later and -worst-macarons lover 😄
  
Ever since I successfully bake some macarons from last year, I get hooked! Baking them and eat them. The delicacy of it's taste and cute in shape is just so beautiful and pretty on camera, don't you think so?

So after passing "bitter time" dealing with fails macarons, now I'm in the middle of my "journey" to find variety of flavors for my macarons. You can check my other macarons recipes to see what flavors I made previously. 






😄

  
And this coconut flavor macarons is happen part of my flavor journey on macarons making....please bear with me and visit my page often to see what's up to next, cause I have few more idea in my mind


A little accident during making this coconut macarons, I accidentally pour caster sugar into egg white almost double amount from it should be! I just realized that mistake after I mixed all my almond flour into it.... My God, during baking time my eyes stayed on my oven to see something that would break my heart...

And when I saw the "feet" rise very nicely, I could get rid out my worries..yes! my macarons turned well...
But after 2 minutes later, the feet became slightly wrinkle, not smooth as should be... well...I'm not macarons expert, does too much sugar on egg whites made my macarons feet wrinkle or any other reason?... Could you anybody tell me?
Well I should find out soon, that's my homework ^,^



Another thing that concern me is the color. Even I already add white gel color on my batter, still I couldn't get really clean white color on my macarons. I am not sure whether it's because too high oven temperature, or too long in oven, or because as I mentioned above-too much sugar-so it burn easily. 
This will be my other homework to find it. Get clean white macarons.

So no more chit chat from me, if you want to try my recipe, here what you should do and prepare.

Do it a head:
This step for some people is an optional. Maybe since they already purchase "macarons baking mat" with ready circles on it. Or some people just accustomed bake macarons like hundred times (^,^) . 

But for me who want my macarons have precise size I always do this step. Draw some circle over white paper like picture below. The circle should have about 4 or 5 cm in diameter with about 2,5~3 cm space in between. Of course if you wanna your macarons bigger or smaller, draw in diameter as you want. You can keep this paper for later you bake another batch of macarons.
Before you start turn on your mixer, just put this paper under your baking paper like so. Just remember to slide off that paper before baking.
Now, prepare all your ingredients....
Make about 25~30 pair (Depending how big you pipe your macarons)

For macarons shells:
  • 80 gr egg white- this time I use aged leftover egg white,room temperature.
  • 60 gr caster sugar (I accidentally added 100 gr! ggooshh)
  • 140 gr icing sugar
  • 80 gr almond meal/ flour
  • 30 gr fine desiccated coconut, and more for sprinkle on top
  • gel food color,I use white

After you ready with everything above, let's start to make Macarons shells:

Put almond flour/ meal, icing sugar and desiccated coconut in food processor with sharp blade and process until powdery smooth. Scrape down and side the processor bowl few times and check whether the coconut still coarse, if so continue to process until you get powdery smooth mixture. Then sieve twice or three times into a bowl, press with back of the spoon until you get fine mixture. Discard any coarse left on sieve. Set a side.

İn clean mixing glass/ metal bowl (do not use plastic bowl) whisk egg white just until foamy. 
Note:
It's important to keep your mixing bowl and utensil grease-free cause meringue very very very hate oil-even just a touch of it! Plastic bowl has risk with grease even after you clean them. I always avoid to use plastic mixing bowl.


After foamy like figure above, gradually beat in caster sugar one spoon at a time. Continuously whisk between each addition.

Continue to whisk until glossy and stiff peak. If you invert the bowl up side down, the egg white will against the gravitation (^,^)...it won't drop down.

Glossy and hard peak egg white
After you get stiff and glossy egg white, turn you mixer at medium speed, whisk in white gel color, whisk in low speed just until combine.

Dump all almond mixture to meringue, then with fold motion combine almond mixture with the white. At first 10th or 15th folds you may still get uneven/ rough mixture, keep folding until you get mild batter BUT NOT RUNNY. The batter should has lava consistency. See more step by step illustration here.

Transfer to piping bag with round tip (about 2 cm). And pipe to baking tray line with parchment paper approximately 4 to 5 cm in diameter (depending how big you prefer for your macarons). Make space approximately 2,5 cm between each round.  

After you pipe all batter, rap that baking tray few times (each side) to remove air which might trap in the batter. İf you see some obvious bubble in surface of your macarons you can puncture it with toothpick. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut.

Let them sit for about 45 to 60 minute (depend on your local humidity and temperature) or until they dry on surface (when you gently touch it surface, it will not stick in your finger). This drying step to form "skin" on your macarons  you'll get nice "feet" when you bake later.

Pre heat your oven at 130 to 140 Celsius ( fan force) at least 15 minutes before baking time (from those drying time). Bake about 18 to 20 minute. 
Test them 1st before you take from oven by press them gently, if it's strong and hard enough they should be okay.
Cool them completely before remove from parchment paper. See picture above, I tried to remove my macarons before it's really cool.

For White Chocolate coconut filling.
Ingredients and how to make it. (it's enough for amount of this recipe)
  • 80 ml heavy cream
  • 80 gr white cooking chocolate, finely chopped or use white chocolate drop
  • 50 gr unsalted butter
  • few drops coconut essence (optionally you can use pandan paste instead coconut flavor)
  1. Put chopped white chocolate in medium bowl. Double boil heavy cream just until simmering. Pour it into chopped white chocolate, add in butter and coconut essence, let it rest to melt for few minute--If you find your chocolate not completely melting, slightly double boil it and stir until melt.
  2.  Whisk the mixture until smooth and shiny.  Store in fridge until it's ready to use.

Assembling the macarons:

Pair your macarons shells that fit best together. Take one shell from each pair then pipe (or spoon) the filling. Place the second shell cookie pressing gently on the filling to stick them together.
Once all of the macarons are assembled, you should put them in an airtight container, store them in the refrigerator, and let them rest at least for another 24 hours, they are best after 24 hours!

Note:
If you want to keep macarons longer, do not fill them in advance. Just keep your macarons shells in pair in airtight container/ ziplock bag then keep in fridge up to a month or in freezer up to 2 month.


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚






loading...

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE MACARONS! And that white chocolate filling looks to die for. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe! - Levan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Levan...thx for stopping by and drop me msg. *virtual high five for the white chocolate filling.. I love it too ^,^

      Delete
  2. I adore macarons! I haven't tried making my own just yet but it's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wondering for some time what is the name of that cookies. I have eaten one, but don't know the name. Now I know it called Macarons. Maybe im going to try make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a hard time making macaroons. I wonder if it is the humidity in South Georgia? These are an inspiration since coconut is one of my favorite flavors. I won't give up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer..I don't know whether your local humidity affect so much. Before I can bake them nicely I was like you, struggle with macarons. Try to find recipe that suits you-like I did before. I have one different recipe without waiting for drying time, you can search my tiramisu macarons on "macarons" section. thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I still haven't attempted making macarons but yours are inspiring me to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kimberly..hope you can bake them as well ^,^

      Delete
  7. I've only made macarons once---they were quite lovely and now you've given me the itch to make them again! LOVE the coconut/white chocolate combination!!! So lovely to visit your blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Liz...it've been long time ^,^ . I'm glad I've gave you and itch to rebake yours soon ^,^

      Delete
  8. wow Citra this is a wonderful recipe love these macaroons so delicate and pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adriana.... you are absolutely right.. don't you adore them? ^,^

      Delete
  9. I love macaroons so much! I've tried to make them in the past, but they never turn out. I can never get them to get the feet. I'm going to try your recipe, they look perfect! These cookies would be so lovely for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey.. before I'm in this point I was like you, struggling finding some recipe and method that suit me..hope my recipe will work for you ^,^

      Delete
  10. Love how you have included tips! Nice photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these look so perfect! Your instruction is GREAT and totally is tempting me to finally dive into trying out making these babies in my own kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx so much Jennifer for your visit. Can't wait you to come again and let me know how this recipe turns well for you :)

      Delete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected