♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Basic Vanilla Panna Cotta with Honey Blood Orange Compote


Resep dalam bhs Indonesia bisa di-klik di link ini






First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛



Selam everybody..... Merhaba from Turkey....

If you see my recently posts are orange-y .... yellow or orange color..sometime mix with chocolate.... cause there is no other reason other than because I love citrus! 

And don't you think it also festive the spring, isn't it? And this blood orange is so trending in my local market. Every where I saw many booths selling this orange with cheap price..
I think it's a citrus peak.

And since I love citrus (who doesn't?) I use them in almost every meals I made....
You can find my recipe using this lovely color fruits start from main dish to dessert in "Orange" Ingredients list

The color of this blood orange is dark orange almost red. It's catch my attention maybe because I never find this kind of orange in my homeland... find more about blood orange here.
And my post today is so refreshing and delish panna cotta with honey blood orange compote. I make this vanilla basic panna cotta for our dessert tonight. My husband and I are fan of panna cotta (well especially him).. my daughter... well..as usual...( ssiigggh) she doesn't eat fruits or vegetable much...so she only eat the panna cotta alone without the compote.

I like to make panna cotta since it's very simple and fast to make. We can really vary the topping with anything we like, jam, compote, fresh fruits, chocolate sauce, etc.

And the panna cotta it self can be modified and vary widely as well. You can use dark or white chocolate panna cotta, buttermilk, cheese, yogurt panna cotta, coffee/ mocca and more. You can check my other panna cotta variations on "pudding and more" category list.

But for today I just make simply yet yummy basic vanilla panna cotta. For the process, I sprinkle the powdered gelatin first over milk to make gelatin bloom and ready for next process.

Since I use heavy cream in this panna cotta, you use low fat milk for mixing with the cream. The amount of sugar I use here is fair and gives enough sweetness for this panna cotta. but if you want reduce or add sugar please not more than 10g (reduce or increase)

Basic vanilla Panna Cotta.
By: Citra's Home Diary

Ingredients:
Serve 3
  • 300 ml heavy cream
  • 100 ml  + 80 ml milk
  • 55 g sugar
  • 3 tsp powdered gelatin
  • 1 tsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla bean, split and scrape the seeds
  • small pinch of salt
  • 3~4 medium blood orange, segmented and squeeze the juice
  • 1~2 tbsp honey

 How to make :
  1. Place 80 ml milk in small bowl, sprinkle powdered gelatin over the milk and let it stand 5~10 minutes.
  2. In medium sauce pan combine heavy cream and remaining milk, stir in sugar and pinch of salt and heat over medium heat. Add vanilla essence/ vanilla bean. 
  3. Keep stirring until it start shimmering. Temper gelatin with very warm cream mixture (about one cup), stir until gelatin melting.
  4. Pour gelatin mixture to cream in pan, continue stirring until all gelatin dissolved.
  5. Strain into prepared glass or bowl. Chill at least 4 hour or until it set.
  6. Make honey blood orange compote; Just few minute before serving,toss to combine orange segment and juice with honey. 
Serve panna cotta with orange compote. Serve it cold.











loading...

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My favorite citrus!!!! And I've never had panna cotta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love citrus too, this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous! I love panna cotta but eat it so seldom, only every once in a while in restaurants. I've never tried making it myself but you've inspired me - this looks so wonderful and I absolutely love blood orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly.. and I'm glad this post can inspired you to start making for your own ^,^

      Delete
  4. Pass me a spoon! I could put that compote on just about anything!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected