Favorite snack of everybody. Choux is one from pastry kind.. Because it has unique and hollow texture, choux is very easy to formed and varied according to your imagination.. From the most simple forms till the children's favorite funny shape.
Other cool shapes called croquembouche, which is high form kinds like Christmas trees.
Choux pastry-making process is quiet easy. Basically, margarine or butter boiled in water until boiling and then mixed with flour and stir until smooth. After a cold, blended eggs one by one. At this stage can also add baking soda to help improve the pastry expands perfectly.
Mixing process can use a Whisk or electric mixer or with a wooden spoon.
Ingredients for basic dough I:
-150 gr unsalted butter
- 300 ml water
- 1 cup flour. Sifted.
- 3 eggs. Beaten.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
How to make :
1. Boil butter and salt in water. Stir until boiling. Turn off the heat.
2. Turn on small heat. Pour the flour gradually, keep on stirring until the dough is completely smooth. Remove from heat and chill.
Note: As you chill the dough, keep stirring the mixture in order to produce nice hollow choux shell.
3. Once completely chill, add baking powder, then eggs one at a time while stirring. Stirring can use a wooden spoon, electric mixer or manual whisk.
4. Grease pan with butter. Shape the dough on baking sheet according your own taste.
5. Bake for about 25 min with a temperature of 180 deg C.
Note: Know the condition of your own oven. The size and condition of your oven, produces different heat result.