Selam everybody..Merhaba from Turkey.
my another Cheddar Cheesecake post. My previous post was Cheddar cheese Cupcake . After succeed with Cup cake trial, I was trying to make a bigger dessert, cheddar cheese cake. I use mix fruit as topping. Beside pomegranate jam I also use fresh kiwi and fresh navel oranges. But of course topping your cheese cake is about your own style and taste. Just be more creative and have fun with it d(^_^)b
- 1 fully press cup grated unsalted cheddar cheese.
- 130 ml whole milk
- 40 gr unsalted butter
- Sifted ¼ cup all purpose flour.
- Sifted ¼ cup cornstarch.
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 medium egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
1) Preheat oven 160 deg C. Grease 7" fixed based baking pan with butter, line the bottom part with baking paper and again grease with butter. Set aside. If you are using springform pan, make sure it's wrap tidily with heavy duty-aluminium foil to make it waterproof.
2) Double boil all ingredients A until melted. Quick stirring while doing this melting work. remove from heat and let it slightly warm.
3) Mix ingredients B into cheese mixture. Stir well until smooth and no more lump.
4) Mix in all ingredients C. Set a side after everything well blended.
5) In other bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy, gradually beat in sugar until sugar dissolved. Beat in the lemon juice and continue beating just until it's soft peak form. Take 2 or 3 soup spoon from this egg white and fold into cheese mixture (yellow batter).
Fold back this yellow batter into egg white. Fold carefully till well blended. Do Not Over mix. Pour in to your baking pan (waterproof springform pan). And baking in water bath about 50~60 minutes.
Different oven size and condition produce different heat result.
For this garnish you will need fresh kiwi, fresh navel orange and Pomegranate (I use pomegranate jam here). Peel and sliced them. Arrange as your own creation.
Enjoy your Cheddar cheesecake @(^_^)@