It's like Japanese Cheesecake style except I use unsalted cheddar cheese instead of normal cheese cream and I made it as cupcake. Pretty cute though. The texture's so light and as soft as cotton. You can eat them with or without your favorite jam. But mostly cheesecake (cheese cup cake) is better goes along with fruits jam.
Here I use my pomegranate jam as topping and adding the flavor.
Things You will need and how to make those cute yummy cupcake:
Preheat your oven at 160 deg C. We will need a pan for water bath, fill it with hot water. Careful not to much water to pour. simply estimate your muffin pan will not sink or float much.
- 1 fully press cup grated unsalted cheddar cheese.
- 130 ml whole milk
- 40 gr unsalted butter
* Double boil all ingredients A until melted. Quick stirring while doing this melting work. remove from heat and let it slightly warm.
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
* Mix ingredients B into cheese mixture. Stir well until smooth and no more lump
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon zest
* Mix in all ingredients C. Set a side after everything well blended.
- 4 medium egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
*In other bowl, beat egg whites until fluffy, gradually beat in sugar until sugar dissolved. Beat in the lemon juice and continue beating until it's soft peak form. Take 2 or 3 soup spoon from this egg white and stir into cheese mixture (yellow batter).
Fold back this yellow batter into egg white. Fold carefully till well blended. Pour in to your muffin pan with cupcake paper.
And water bath about 50~60 mnts.
Different oven size and condition produce different heat result