♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Sate Ayam Bumbu Kacang (Indonesian Chicken Satay with peanut sauce)


Originated in Java, Indonesia, Satay gradually spread its appeal over the entire East Asian and Southeast Asian peninsula, before becoming a hot meal of choice among the whole world of gastronomists. While applauding the refined and luscious taste of this dish, how many of you have really wondered about the brilliant blend between the satay and the accompanying sauce? Curiously, this sauce is called by the gourmets simply Satay Sauce, without knowing, that this is in fact a variant of peanut sauce.


I think now everyone is familiar with sate/ satay. One of Indonesia's most popular traditional foods and become every one's favorite. I personally really really really am number one fans of satay  . In Indonesia it self there are many types of satay from various regions and of various ingredients. For example, from Padang city (Sumatra), I like satay Padang. There are also "sate kelapa" (beef satay wrapped with grated coconut-My best favorite)-it's mostly from Madura Island, quail eggs satay, clam satay, 'tempeh' satay and there are dozens of other types of satay (which is nearly I have eaten already). For mutton/ lamb satay you check here for the recipe
Beside of many variations of satay, satay usually also served with various sauces. "Sate Padang" has different sauce from most general one--You can check recipe here . There is also satay with sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) here the recipe . This time I made chicken satay with peanut sauce--the most common and popular sauce among of all.


Things you will need:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts. Diced 2x2 cm, puncture on satay skewer.
- kaffir Lime or lemon
- Sweet soy sauce/ kecap manis
- Some shallots, finely sliced , set aside, sprinkle when serve.

Peanut sauce:
- 2 cups ( 300 gr) of  fried peanut.
- 2 ~ 3 large red chilies. Diced to make it easier to mashed.
- some birdseye chili peppers (giving spicy hot flavor- add as your prefer)
- 6 ~ 8 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 3~5 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- about 1 tbsp of gula jawa/ palm sugar (if  you can not find it, brown sugar may be substituted)
- salt 1tbsp


* Heat enough cooking oil on frying pan . Saute peanut and all ingredients (except palm/ brown sugar and kaffir leaves). Stir fry for about 3 or 4 minutes and remove from heat. Mash it all together with palm sugar (you can use blender to do it). Then move into sauce pan, pour in hot water (about 3 cup) --to be able to stirred and thicker than gravy sauce. Mix in kaffir leaves and bring to boil over medium heat. Peanut sauce is now ready to use.

I  marinate with peanut sauce+Sweet soy sauce+lemon juice before grill 
Grilled Satay over charcoal until done. Here I marinate my satay with some peanut sauce, sweet sauce and lemon juice before grill.



How to serve:
Mix the peanut sauce with soy sauce and lemon juice (if you want hot flavor you can add chili sambal or pieces of cayenne pepper). Flush satay with peanut sauce  mixture, sprinkle with sliced shallot.

Enjoy while warm with warm white rice or rice cake. Also can be Served with "Acar mentimun" or pickle
Acar / pickle

Hurry ! Eat them while it's still there! ^_^


loading...

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is a delicious marinade! And I love that the chicken is grilled and served on skewers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound fantastic. I love the recipe for the peanut sauce. I will be saving this recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had something similar in KL last year. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent had a good chicken satay in a long time. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken satay and I'm thinking of trying this dish for Superbowl Sunday... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm, I can smell them cooking all the way over from here. What a wonderful recipe. I love the rice as well. Such beautiful presentation. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Satay and Malaysia goes hand in hand, it superb with the ketupat. Over here we even have the lamb/mutton version now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so good! Saving for later!

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected