♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Anything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Jajan Pasar "Klepon" (Indonesian traditional sweet dumpling snack)



Jajan means snack. Pasar = traditional market. In old time mostly you can find this food in traditional market in early morning or evening. But now it's getting easy to find it in any street corner or alley in my country.
"Klepon" , is one kind of Indonesian traditional snack. It's dumpling  made from glutinous rice flour with palm sugar filling, wrapped in fresh shredded coconut. 
Yes, since I'm in my homeland, I want to make this in my kitchen with real traditional and fresh ingredients (no substitute) like "Pandan Suji" leaves which gives natural green color and fragrance. Also fresh shredded coconut that rarely I can find in Turkey. But if you can not access to fresh shredded coconut, just try to steam dried one before use.

have a try and experience this folk snack and "taste the Indonesia "
 
Ingredients:

• 1 ½ cups glutinous rice flour
• 2 ½ tbsp rice flour
• ± 200 g palm sugar, cut / sliced ​​into small
• Pinch of salt
• ± 10 "pandan suji"leaves, finely crushed and squeeze the extract--this ingredient giving natural fragrance and green color (can be replaced with few drops of pandan paste)
• ± ½ cup water
• Grated fresh coconut

*some recipe using limestone water food grade

Pandan suji leaves

Mix salt in ½ cup water, stirring until dissolved. In a medium bowl, mix rice flour and glutinous rice flour. Pour in suji pandan extract (pandan paste), and salt solution gradually. Knead the dough until could be shaped and not sticky in your fingers. If dough still too dry, water can be added carefully.
Boil water in a saucepan. Take dough bigger than marbles, make a circle and flatten. Give sugar stuffing and round back to form a small ball. Cook in boiling water until cooked (klepon balls will float if it is cooked). Drain and roll in shredded coconut.

Enjoy your sweet dumpling.



loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my G+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I've been writing this blog:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com