♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Spicy Honey Garlic Grilled Corn on the cob

Selam everybody...... Merhaba from Turkey.




I have sweet memories quite attached until now about grilled corn on the cob. 

This grilled corn is one of the foods which was familiar to me since childhood. I remember every evening after learnt reading Qur'an, in front of that small mosque (masjid) there was always a lot of people selling various traditional snacks at that time including grilled corn.



The seller always sold very warm grilled corn fresh from charcoal placed on wide plate-a like pottery. Corns were grilled directly over the charcoal, and once in a while there was a sound  "pletak..pletak..pletak" came from busted corn kernels. Kids mostly surrounded the seller really close to the charcoal .. so when there was a spark from the charcoal we were all simultaneously moving backward while shouting and giggled.



Grilled corn on the cob in Indonesia mostly open their stall as street food and the number of them become double when cold rainy season comes. Different from my childhood, grilled corn now days varied with dozen of flavor basting over the grilled corn. Start from sweet and sour, hot spicy, cheesy savory, buttery garlic sauce and much more. I tried them all and I love them all!

So here I am..with unmistakeable taste of summer – grilled corn on the cob with my fave spicy honey garlic sauce.
Ingredients:
🌽 4~5 corn on cob
🌽 4 big cloves of garlic, finely grated
🌽 1 big red chili pepper, finely grated
🌽 4~5 tbsp honey
🌽 2 tbsp butter
🌽 1 tsp salt or to taste
🌽 3 tbsp chili sauce (use sweet and sour for less spicy)
🌽 chopped cilantro for serving
How to make:

1) Boil corn for few minutes until cook. You can leave your corn whole or cut into two like mine.

2) Turn your oven on broil mode. Prepare your baking tray line with aluminum foil. In large pan, mix all ingredients except cilantro and cook over medium heat until bubbling. Dip corn in sauce, using tong roll them frequently to cover by sauce and absorb the sauce a bit. You may do this step in 2 batches.

3) Arrange the corn on baking tray and broil in oven to give scar and sauce absorbed perfectly. You can brush them with remaining sauce while you broil them.

4) Brush with left over sauce, just finish all the sauce you make. Serve hot with sprinkle of chopped cilantro

Another method which I prefer during out door barbecue is just grill the corn on cob over the charcoal (no need boil them 1st) until soft and cook. After that  brush the corn generously with the sauce while continue grill until corn absorb the sauce, brush them twice or three times as your prefer.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve it immediately.

Note: double the sauce for more corn as your prefer.







loading...

10 comments:

  1. Now I would devour this! Love everything about this corn - sweet honey, garlic, and a little kick. Gorgeous photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely fabulous. I love corn on the cob, the spicier the better. I could eat a whole platter of this corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who like spicy :)

      Delete
  3. I have used many flavors on grilled corn, but I'd never thought to use honey! What a great addition. Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that honey glaze is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with the gorgeous color you got on the corn! It's making my mouth water. The flavors sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Stacey. Grill them over char coal to get better taste.

      Delete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected