♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Homemade pumpkin Puree








Selam everybody.....Merhaba from Turkey....

Today I'll share my homemade pumpkin puree. Maybe because pumpkin pie or anything using pumpkin puree is not popular dessert/dish here in Turkey, canned pumpkin puree is not something easily to find here. 
So this makes an advantages for me living here, I can learn making anything from scratch. Just like I make my Indonesian food e.g tofu and tempeh and many other more--things I never made before in my life when I was living in my homeland!

So here I am today make my own pumpkin puree. I found pumpkin is in season this fall.... since I live in Turkey I learnt about what fruits, vegetables or fish available on farmer market base on it's season. I made a list here too.

Living in four season country adjust me on some new skills and knowledge.. of course I enjoy it as much as I love living in my own homeland. While something in season here the price is cheap so I learnt to store things in season now and keep in my freezer--but of course with certain long life for consuming.
Just like this pumpkin now. I make them puree and store in my freezer so I have ready use pumpkin puree anytime I need it.


Homemade things mostly require big effort and time consuming... but you know it'll worth with that effort. But for making this pumpkin puree is unbelievably easy.. and homemade is always better than store-bought.. I believe that.

So here how to make easy pumpkin puree.
What you need is pumpkin (of course), oven, baking tray, strainer, cheesecloth and blender.

I use about 2 kg pumpkin. Clean the seeds and cut into big chunks, you can peel it first but skin on is also no problem cause we will scoop the flesh later.

Pre heat oven at 200 deg C. Arrange your pumpkin one layer onto baking tray, give about 3/4 cup water on that baking tray. You can cover pumpkin with aluminium foil.
Bake about 1 hour until they soft enough to scoop.

Time of baking depends on how thick your pumpkin. Some other time I need more than 1 hour because I have very thick and big pumpkin.

After your pumpkin is soft thoroughly, move from baking tray and scoop the flesh from the skin (if you didn't peel off), Let it slightly cool down on strainer, don't forget to put a bowl under the strainer because some water will drop.

Use hand blender or food processor, blend the pumpkin to make puree. Put pumpkin puree on cheesecloth and strain the pumpkin water. Let it water drop for few hour until over night in fridge. This straining step is optional, but if you want to get right consistency as canned pumpkin you should do this straining process. And also some recipe require thick pumpkin puree (less water content). Don't discard the pumpkin water, it full of minerals and vitamins, use for making something like bread.
Actually you can cook your pumpkin puree to remove water content and of course it's your optional. Cooking pumpkin puree make your puree has deep and richer orange color.

Keep your puree in ziplock bag or airtight container. freeze up to 3 months. 

Note: from 2 kg pumpkin I get yield about 780 gr

















loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected