Another kind of 'Choux' variation... fill with vanilla custard and flush with plenty of chocolate sauce...hmm...seems sssooo..tempting right?
One of husband's fave dessert ...
Easy to make..
- 1 basic choux pastry dough recipe. You can check here
For the custard:
- 500 ml of liquid milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon flour and dissolve it with enough water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 egg yolks. Beaten.
For chocolate sauce:
- 100 gr dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa cream (or you can vary with peanut butter)
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
How to make:
For the 'choux' shell see at how to make 'choux' pastry basic dough I here
Making Vanilla Custard:
1. Mix the flour and cornstarch, dissolve it with enough water. Set aside
2. Use medium heat. Heat the milk, sugar and salt. Stir until almost boiling. Add the flour and cornstarch mixture and stir until smooth and thick.
3 Lower the heat. Add egg yolk mixture while still stirred custard fast. Add vanilla and margarine. Stir again until completely mixed.
Making Chocolate sauce:
mix all ingredients and heat over boiling water (double boil system) until all ingredients melt.
How to serve:
Fill the choux pastry with vanilla custard and flush with chocolate sauce as much as you like d(^_^)b