Back when I was a single and lives in Jakarta, this menu was almost become regular dish in every dinner. Each night a lot of non-permanent stall-We call it "Warung Makan" which provides many kind of Chinese food or seafood on the roadside. After office hour on my way home, I just park my car at the curb and got many favorite menus-without bother cooking by my self.
But Here .... I've never met Chinese Restaurant, none. So to satisfy my longing for this Chinese food, there is no other way than "a little effort" to make it by my self in my small kitchen. @(^_^)@
- about 500 gr wet egg noodles
- about 200 gr boneless chicken meat . Cut into bite size.
- about 200 gr shrimp.
- about 100 gr mushrooms. Chop roughly.
- about 1/2 cup green peas. .
- about 200 grams of cauliflower, cut roughly.
- 1 large carrot. Cut round.
- 4 ~ 5 cloves of garlic. crushed and finely chopped.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped .
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Cornstarch 1/ 2 tbsp. Dilute with a little water.
- Enough Cooking oil.
How to cook:
1) Heat oil in deep skillet. Divide noodles into 3 portion. and fry each portion in hot oil until dry and crispy. Drain from remaining oil and set aside.
2) Heat enough oil in a sauce pan. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant and transparent, put in chicken and shrimp, stir-fry until chicken is cooked. Add carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms and peas, pour about 2 cup hot water/ chicken broth (enough to make gravy). Cover the pan and let all vegetables cooked.
3) Seasoning with salt, pepper and oyster sauce. Test the taste. Pour the cornstarch solution and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
|Fry noddle in deep oil until crispy.|
How to serve:Place the noodles in serving dish and flush with hot vegetables mix. Serve immediately with pickled as a companion.