♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Turkish Chickpeas with pearl onion stew ( Nohut yemeği ). Recipe with Video.



Merhaba From Türkiye 👋


First of all, I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you can come back, again and again, to check up on any beyond Indonesian or Turkish food or something sweets that you might love. Your comments and emails brighten my days and make this simple blog thing worthwhile 😍💛 

And make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel and turn on the bell sign to get more video recipes.

Turkish Chickpeas with pearl onion stew / Nohut yemeği. Çitra's Home Diary. #resepmasakanturki #nohutyemeği #chickpeasstew #dinner #Turkishfoodrecipe #traditionalfoodrecipe #mediterranean #middleeastern

One typical Turkish homey dish. The baharat or spices added may vary from each person and region. But the key ingredient is the same; tomato paste.

Here I use lamb meat cut into chunks, you can skip it for the vegetarian version and add the chickpeas portion a bit.
For pre-cooked chickpeas, I soaked dried chickpeas the night before then boiled them until it tenders. You can ship this step if you use a parboiled canned one.

Making this is quite easy and only needs 1 pot!
You also can use your slow-cooker for making this everyone's favorite.

Don't forget to subscribe to my YT channel


Chickpeas with pearl onion stew / Nohut yemeği
By: Çitra's Home Diary

Ingredients:

🧅 2-3 tbsp olive oil
🧅 250 g lamb/ beef meat (skip this for vegan version), cut into small chunks
🧅 1 cup pearl onion
🧅 2 cups preboiled chickpeas
🧅 pinch of dried mint
🧅 2 tbsp tomato paste
🧅 1 tbsp sweet chili paste
🧅 1 tsp smoked paprika
🧅 2 tsp salt or to taste
🧅 ½ tsp sugar (optional)
🧅 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

How to:
1) Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add the meat and cook until it changes its color.

2) Add in pearl onions, and stir fry for a few minutes before adding preboiled chickpeas. Stir.

3) Add the dried mint, and stir to combine before adding the tomato and sweet chili paste.

4) Pour meat stock (or hot water) until one inch above the chickpeas. Cover the lid and slow cook until everything's tender
Note: you can add more water/ stock if you like more gravy.

5) Open the lid, and mix in smoked paprika. Season with salt and sugar (optional). Check the taste. Add salt as needed.
Just before you turn off the heat, add the chopped garlic, mix well and cook few minutes.
Remove from heat. Serve warm.

Afiyet Olsun. Enjoy.



Let's befriend at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚



  PIN THIS FOR MAKING LATER 
 ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
Turkish Chickpeas with pearl onion stew / Nohut yemeği. Çitra's Home Diary. #resepmasakanturki #nohutyemeği #chickpeasstew #dinner #Turkishfoodrecipe #traditionalfoodrecipe #mediterranean #middleeastern



========================================================================

You love these posts also:

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected