I'm enjoy going and walking around in Farmer market. I can see many various color from fruits, vegetables, local (traditional) ready food and local hospitality. Mostly people see me in curious way with smile in their face, yes, it's because my Asia look among Them :D
Start early winter I can find many kind of orange or other fruits that mostly we find it in winter. Like this mandarin orange (tangerine orange), I bought 5 kg for 5 Turkish Lira (around US$ 3.5). Pretty much to make many kind of food or dessert. Well.. maybe I can try to make Cheesecake with tangerine... and voallaa... Before the cake really ready, my mouth already watering :)
I served it with my Pomegranate jam as sauce...hmm...Yummy!
This cheese cake I made brownie as base instead of biscuit crumb.
Ingredient and how to make brownie base:
1) Prepare your 7" springform pan. Grease with margarine. Preheat oven on 180 deg C.
2) Melted 80 gr dark cooking chocolate together with 50 gr unsalted butter over double boiler. Remove from heat. whisk in 1/2 cup caster sugar, 2 eggs one at the time. Whisk until sugar dissolve.
3) Whisk in 1 tablespoon whole milk. Mix in 1/2 cup flour. Whisk just until everything well combine. Pour in springform pan and bake 10 ~ 15 minutes. Let your brownie base cool.For the cheesecake:
- 450 gr Cream cheese. softened on room temperature.
- 1 cup caster sugar.
- 3 large eggs
- 40 ml juice from tangerine orange.
How to make:
1) Preheat oven on 160 deg C. On large bowl, beat cream cheese, mix in sugar gradually. You can use either hand mixer or manual whisk (I use manual whisk only).
2) Beat in eggs one at the time, mix in tangerine juice, beat until well combine and smooth.
3) Pour into springform with brownie inside. Bake on 160 deg C for 50~60 mnts. The center might be wobble, it's oke. Just take out from oven and let it cool completely before garnish/ topping.
Peel and clean some tangerines. Arrange on top of your cool cheese cake. Dissolve 1 tablespoon sugar into 1/2 cup water. Mix and dissolve 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder with that sugar water. Heat over very low heat until gelatin dissolve completely. Slightly chill the gelatin before pour and evenly sprinkle on top of cheesecake with tangerine orange.
Wrap tidily with plastic film and keep in refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving.
Cut into wedge and sprinkle with your favorite jam/ syrup like I did (fortunately I keep pomegranate jam and ready to serve with it) d(^_^)b