Sunny and lightly warm during last weekday, suddenly drop cold and rain with slightly snowy last weekend.. pfff what to do. 1st plan that we will go out somewhere to drink tea and maybe had lunch outside.. But since the weather became chill so we decided to stay home.
Then I was thinking to make something light and cheer up our "stay home" day with this Palmier, filled with sweet mixed fruits, it is really fix our day d(^_^)b
- Half recipe of Pastry dough II. you can see the recipe here. Or you could use ready-made pastry-thaw it.- 2 cups mixed dried fruit. Soak the fruit with any fruit juice for few hours up to overnight. ( I use apple juice)
- Raisin/ Sultana. Chopped and mix with above dried fruit.
- Dried apricot. cut into small pieces.
- Caster sugar.
- Cinnamon powder.
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 teaspoons water.
1) Milled thin (about 0.5 cm thin) the pastry dough with rolling pin. Form rectangular shape.Sprinkle the surface with caster sugar and cinnamon powder. Then spread dried fruit evenly on top of it.
2) Roll up two opposite sides towards middle of the pastry until meet at middle. Store in refrigerator 1 hour minimum.
3) preheat oven to 190 deg C. Brush pastry with egg yolk, then cut into pieces approximately 2 cm thick. Arrange on baking tray and give space about 3 cm from each other so they won't sticky each other when baked.
4) Bake until golden redness around 25 ~ 30 minutes until cooked.