Another variation of Cheese Cake. Biscuit crumbs mostly used as a base of Cheese cake. This time I want to try using chocolate Brownie as a heavy foundation of cheese cake a la New York cheese cake . And the Brownie I copy from "Aneka resep Brownies" (Brownies recipe book) published by 'Gramedia' Indonesia.
And the result ... hmmmm ... combination of sweet chocolate brownies and soft new york cheese cake .. guaranteed will not simply take just one piece.
For Chocolate Brownie:
- 80 grams of unsweetened dark cooking chocolate
- 110 gr unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 / 4 cup milk
- 1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 / 4 cup flour
- 1 / 2 tsp vanilli powder.
How to make Chocolate Brownie:
1) Mix and stir the flour, baking powder and vanilla powder. Set aside. Melt dark cooking chocolate with unsalted butter in a large container in the microwave. Or can use double-boil system. Let cool at room temperature.
2) Preheat oven at 170 deg C. Grease spring form pan 25 cm size with butter and sprinkle with a little flour.
3) Mix and stir with a whisk, egg, sugar and milk until sugar dissolves. Mix in the flour mixture gradually while stirring.
4) Pour this batter into the melted chocolate mixture. Stir until well blended. Pour into baking pan and bake in oven until done (15 ~ 20 minutes).
For New York Cheese cake:
- 500 gr cream cheese. Soften at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 / 2 cup sour cream *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* If there are no sour cream can use 1/2 cup warm milk, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and stir well and let it stand for 10 mnts.
Garnish as you like. I use cocoa powder blushes as toppings.
How to make Cheese cake:
1) Wrap the pan with heavy duty aluminum foil (cheese cake baking process using au bain marie system). Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2) By using low-speed mixer, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine milk, mix well.
3) Mix in eggs one at a time and stir until blended. Add sour cream, vanilla, cornstarch and flour. Stir again until completely blended.
4) Pour the batter into the pan containing brownie. Lower the oven temperature to 170 deg C and bake cheese cake with water bath way (bain marie au) for 1 hour.
5) After an hour and cheese cake already done, do not open the oven door 1st and let the cheese cake cool in it.
6) Move to refrigerator and sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
Enjoy when it's cold.
Note: Know the condition of your oven. Different size and condition will give different heat result.