♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Özel Kıymali Pide (Turkish style "Pizza")-Homemade

Another traditional Turkish meal, Pide. Made from flour dough-almost like-pizza with various topping like egg, sucuk (turkish sausage),ground meat, etc. 
But mostly people here love ground meat as topping. 
Today's menu on my dining table is "Özel Kıymalı Pide" Or Special 'Pide' with ground meat (as topping). I call it special coz it's different from ordinary 'Pide' in Turkey, I inserted cheese in the edge of 'Pide' bread... 
I got that idea also from one kind of pizza too @(^_^)@ .. so maybe I can call it's Turkish style pizza...
Let's try and enjoy it


Ingredients for 'pide' bread:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 / 2 tbsp caster sugar.
- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 / 4 cup warm water
- Enough Cheddar or mozzarella cheese to insert at the edge of bread dough.



For the topping:
- 200 gr minced meat (beef or lamb)
- 1 medium onion. finely chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic (optional-I put garlic in every meal i made). Finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato. diced.
- some parsley. roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 / 2 tsp ground red pepper flake (optional)
- 1 medium tomato for garnish
mix all topping ingredients (except tomatoes for garnish). set aside.




Method:
1) Bread 'PIDE': Mix the flour, instant yeast, sugar and salt. Make a hole in the middle, put olive oil and warm water (little by little). Knead until smooth and not sticky at hand.At this stage may be required addition of flour.
Cover with plastic film or a napkin. Let stand about 50-60 min and let the dough to rise.
2) After the dough rises, divide into two. Roll each with a rolling pin as thin as possible, approximately 0,5 cm only. Make oval shape. Brush surface with olive oil, and give the topping mixture at the center part.
3) At the edge, give a piece of cheese. Roll (fold) the dough into middle, join each end part. (As in photo below)
4) Put Tomato garnish and bake in oven 150 deg C until 'pide' bread and meat cooked.

Served while it's warm. Enjoy !


loading...

4 comments:

  1. woow.. it s so great:)) i like pide.. but you are wrong in one point. Turks love garlic:))))

    http://yesimstylekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... Yesim.. maybe U r loving garlic turk ya...but mostly Turk I found here avoid garlic as much as they can in their cook..:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful recipe!They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dimah.. thx. Even has some modification but this 'Pide' become really great for me and family :))
    have a try n let me know what's on ur mind..

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected