Today's Cake is other than healthy-because it uses carrot as ingredient- also really simple and quick to make . Guaranteed .. children who do not like vegetables, will not realize they've been eating their carrots in cake :))Ingredients:
- 3 medium size carrots. coarsely Grated- Lemon Zest of 1 lemon.
- 5 eggs
- 1 1 / 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1 / 2 cup cooking oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 1 package (10 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (11 grams) vanilla powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Some dates, seeded and cut into small squares. Coat with enough flour.
1) Grease a 27 cm baking pan size with margarine and sprinkle with a little flour.Set aside.
2) Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla powder. Set aside
3) Using a whisk, beat eggs and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Put vegetable oil. Stir until well blended and mixed.
4) Slowly add the flour mixture while stirring. Mix until completely blended.
5) Add grated carrots, lemon Zest and dates. Stir again until mixed perfectly.
6) Pour into baking pan and bake at 170 deg C oven about 45 minutes (Test with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean means the cake is cooked)
Note: Know the condition of your oven. Different size and condition will give different heat result.